While intricate testing is yet to start, WoW’s next raid was already announced at BlizzCon.
We’ll delve into the deeps of the Tomb of Sargeras, fighting off evil avatars, demons, war machines and more on the way to victory. Here’s the boss list, and a little bit of info on each:
- A fel-infused and very unhappy Pit Lord, Goroth continuously gains infernal power before unleashing a wave of destruction that must be hid from. Naturally, he spends most of the rest of the time on fire.
- The Demonic Inquisition, Atrigan and Belac
- This pair of demon captors will continuously torment you and lock you in prison when you tell them to stop.
- Harjatan the Bludger
- The largest Naga in the world, surrounded by murloc followers. A lot of adds in this fight, as well as many reasons to group up.
- Mistress Sassz’ine
- More fish people, this time more of a spellcaster than a brute. She also really likes summong endless nightmares from the abyss, so it’ll be quite like the year 2016.
- The Sisters of the Moon, Captain Yathae Moonstrike, Huntress Naisha and Priestess Lunaspyre
- Spawning one after the other as their combined health pool decreases, you’ll be dancing around the moon and trying not to be overwhelmed.
- The Desolate Host, Engine of Souls and Soul Queen Dejahn
- A multi-dimensional fight with a third enemy to consider at the very end, expect chaos and positioning challenges aplenty.
- Maiden of Vigilance
- Corrupted (surprise) by the Legion, the Maiden will throw both holy and fel magic at you endlessly across two phases. Don’t let the two collide.
- The Fallen Avatar and Oath-Keeper Sacraya
- Sargeras as a boss fight! Kind of. It’s the avatar of the big bad himself, trapped inside machinery he soon gets out of. The one who put him there is angry at you as well, obviously. God, why can’t you just leave well enough alone, adventurers?
- You may remember Kil’jaeden from his time spent bathing in the Sunwell. That now done with, he’s fully powered up and ready to spew damage everywhere. He has an attack called Armageddon, so you know, watch out.
Various exploration-masters have taken to the PTR and delved deep into the new raid. Of note are the final two boss rooms, Chamber of the Avatar and Kil’jaeden’s ship as screenshoted by community member ThorimEU.
A new raid means new armour sets. Here are the set piece bonuses for each class and spec, which are still early in development so expect regular changes and incomplete data:
- 2P: Blood Boil heals you for 25% of the damage it deals.
- 4P: Blood Boil has a 25% chance to grant you Versatility for a period.
- 2P: Hungering Rune Weapon / Empower Rune Weapon increases your damage dealt by 20% for 10 sec.
- 4P: Reduce the cooldown of Hungering Rune Weapon / Empower Rune Weapon by 1 second for every 60 Runic Power spent.
- 2P: Death Coil causes one of your Army of the Dead ghouls to explode, dealing (150% of Attack power) damage to some nearby enemies.
- 4P: Each rune you spend reduces the cooldown of Army of the Dead by 3 seconds.
- 2P: Blade Dance refunds 40 Fury when it hits an enemy.
- 4P: Blade Dance’s critical strike chance is increased by 50%.
- 2P: Enemies burning from your Sigil of Flame deal 5% reduced damage to you.
- 4P: After creating a Sigil of Flame, you gain 2000 Versatility for 8 sec.
- 2P: Increase your Astral Power generation by 10% and your maximum Astral Power by 30.
- 4P: Starsurge and Starfall increase your Haste by 3% for 15 sec. Stacks up to 5 times, but gaining a stack does not refresh the duration.
- 2P: Gain 2 Energy each time Rip deals damage.
- 4P: Rip deals 15% increased damage and lasts 8 sec longer.
- 2P: Frenzied Regeneration triggers up to a 40% reduced cooldown based on your current health when you use it. More reduced cooldown when used at lower health.
- 4P: Ironfur and Mark of Ursol reduce the cooldown of Frenzied Regeneration by 2.0 seconds.
- 2P: Swiftmend has up to 40% reduced cooldown based on the current health of your target. More reduced cooldown when used on a lower health target.
- 4P: Swiftmend increases your Efflorescence healing by 300% for 8 seconds.
- Beast Mastery:
- 2P: Cobra Shot, Multi-shot, and Kill Command increase the damage bonus of Bestial Wrath by 1.5% for its remaining duration.
- 4P: Cobra Shot, Multi-shot, and Kill Command deal 20% increased damage while Bestial Wrath is active.
- 2P: Aimed Shot reduces the cast time of your next Aimed Shot by 20% and reduces its Focus cost by 20%.
- 4P: Casting two Aimed Shots in a row increases your Critical Strike damage by 15% for 6 sec.
- 2P: Lacerate deals 15% increased damage and Flanking Strike increases the duration of your Lacerate by 6 sec.
- 4P: Mongoose Bite consumes 3.0 seconds of your Lacerate on your target, instantly dealing 3.0 seconds worth of remaining damage.
- 2P: Greater Invisibility instantly grants you 4 Arcane Charges. When you leave Greater Invisibility, your damage is increased by 20% for 12 sec.
- 4P: Casting Arcane Missiles reduces the remaining cooldown on Greater Invisibility by 5.0 sec.
- 2P: Fireball has a 15% chance to make your next Pyroblast or Flamestrike a guaranteed Critical Strike.
- 4P: Pyroblast and Flamestrike increases the damage of your next Pyroblast or Flamestrike by 10% for 8 sec.
- 2P: Frozen Orb increases your Critical Strike damage by 30% for 10 seconds.
- 4P: The cooldown of Frozen Orb is reduced by 5 sec whenever you gain Brain Freeze.
- 2P: Your attacks have a chance to grant you Effusion, causing your next Effuse to be instant and heal for 400% more.
- 4P: After consuming Effusion, you clear 25% of your Staggered damage.
- 2P: Your healing spell casts have a 10% chance to grant Surge of Mists, reducing the cost of your next Enveloping Mist by 75%.
- 4P: Consuming Surge of Mists resets the cooldown of Thunder Focus Tea.
- 2P: Rising Sun Kick applies Rising Fist to the target for 8 sec, increasing the critical strike chance of your Fists of Fury against the target by 25%.
- 4P: Fists of Fury increases the critical strike chance of your next Rising Sun Kick by 50%.
- 2P: Light of Dawn has up to 40% reduced cooldown based on the current health of your targets. More reduced cooldown when it heals lower health targets.
- 4P: Light of Dawn grants you Dawn’s Light, increasing the healing of your next spell by 25%.
- 2P: Judgment has a 25% chance to reset the cooldown of Avenger’s Shield.
- 4P: Enemies hit by Avenger’s Shield deal 5% reduced damage to you for 5 sec.
- 2P: Divine Hammer / Blade of Justice generates 1 additional Holy Power.
- 4P: Judgment also increases the damage of Divine Hammer / Blade of Justice.
- 2P: The first bolt of light from your Penance deals an additional 200% damage.
- 4P: Power Word: Shield has a 25% chance to cause your next Penance to be free and have 50% reduced cooldown.
- 2P: Serendipity reduces the cooldown of your Holy Words by an additional 1.5 sec.
- 4P: Your Holy Words have a 40% chance to trigger a 50% reduced cooldown.
- 2P: Mindbender’s / Shadowfiend’s damage is increased by up to 75% / 200% based on your current Insanity.
- 4P: Mind Blast reduces the cooldown of Mindbender / Shadowfiend by 1.0% / 3.0%.
- 2P: Garrote’s cooldown is reduced by 6.0 sec.
- 4P: Garrote generates 1 additional combo point and deals 20% increased damage.
- 2P: Free Pistol Shots increase your critical strike chance by 10% for 8 seconds.
- 4P: Adrenaline Rush persists for 15 sec longer at half power.
- 2P: Symbols of Death costs 30 less Energy.
- 4P: Symbols of Death causes your next 3 Shadowstrikes to critically strike.
- 2P: While Storm Elemental / Fire Elemental is active, your Flame Shock deals 75% increased damage over time and always critically strikes.
- 4P: Reduce the cooldown of Storm Elemental / Fire Elemental by 1.0 / 2.0 sec when Flame Shock periodic damage deals a critical strike.
- 2P: Crash Lightning increases your critical strike chance by 5% for 16 sec.
- 4P: Stormstrike critical strikes increase the damage of your next Crash Lightning by 30%, stacking up to 10 times.
- 2P: Your healing spells casts have a 10% chance to increase the Critical Strike chance of your next Riptide by 100%.
- 4P: When Riptide’s initial heal critically strikes, the healing of your next Healing Rain is increased by 50%.
- 2P: Your Unstable Affliction damage has a high chance to cause your next Drain Soul cast to deal 20% additional increased damage each time it deals damage.
- 4P: Fully channeling a Drain Soul grants you Haste for a period
- 2P: Shadowbolt has a 20% chance to reset the cooldown of Call Dreadstalkers.
- 4P: Call Dreadstalkers automatically triggers Demonic Empowerment.
- 2P: Incinerate has a 15% chance to generate 1 Soul Shard.
- 4P: Chaos Bolt empowers your next Chaos Bolt to always gain maximum benefit from your Mastery: Chaotic Energies.
- 2P: Colossus Smash reduces the cooldown of Bladestorm by 2.0 sec.
- 4P: While Bladestorm is active, you automatically cast a total of 6 Mortal Strikes at random nearby enemies.
- 2P: Raging Blow has an 10% chance to generate 40 additional Rage.
- 4P: Enrage generates 6 Rage and heals you for 3% of your maximum health over its duration.
- 2P: Berserker Rage generates some Rage.
- 4P: Not yet implemented.
Here’s a full playlist of the datamined models, all based on classic Black Temple sets.
Elsewhere on the raiding front, Blizzard confirmed that there would now be a zoning-in period allowing talents to be changed when heading into LFR.